1. [mid-19C+] drunk.
2. in senses of screw v. (2b)
(a) [early 19C; 1940s+] (also screwed over, scrod) cheated, deceived.
(b) [late 19C+] in trouble.
3. [late 19C+] (Aus./US, also screwed out) worn out with hard work.
1. (US) comprehensively defeated; suffering very great harm.
2. (also screwed and tattooed) an excl. of delight.
1. [late 19C–1900s] in serious financial difficulties.
2. [late 19C–1910s] (US) emotionally stimulated with alcohol, drunk.
3. [20C+] in a mess, out of order, malfunctioning.
4. [1930s+] neurotic, very miserable, anxious.
5. [1960s] absurd, improbable, unlikely.