Green’s Dictionary of Slang Online is published by Abecedary Limited, a registered company in England and Wales (company number 09705988).
Dictionary text is copyright © Jonathon Green. All other website content is copyright © Abecedary Limited except where otherwise noted.
Usage of this website is subject to the Terms and Conditions.
Copyright licences (open content)
The following images used on the front page are used under Creative Commons licences and remain the property of their respective owners. Click on each link to see the original and details about the licence terms.
- ‘Rainbow’ by Benson Kua
- ‘Top Shelf Beer/Liquor from Bar’ by Ted Bigham
- ‘home grown’ by Martijn
- ‘Urban New York’ by Rodrigo Paredes
- ‘Urban Decay’ by Kevin Jones
- ‘Slum’ by Steven dosRemedios
Typeset in Libertine, a typeface by Philipp H. Poll, distributed under the Open Font Licence.
Privacy (European Union compliance)
- to maintain users’ login sessions once they have given their registered email address and password details (necessary to provide a service explicitly requested by users); and
- to implement cache-aware delivery of website assets to improve page load speed (facilitating the transmission of communications over HTTP).
Abecedary Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data processor under the Data Protection Act 1998 and abides by the provisions of that Act.