1. [1910s+] (also woggo, woggy) a derog. term for any non-white, esp. an Indian or Pakistani and latterly, in the UK, Bangladeshi; thus feminized as woggess.
2. [1920s+] (Aus. juv.) a very young child.
3. [1940s+] any foreigner; esp. in the phr. the wogs begin at Calais; also attrib.
4. [1960s] (N.Z.) a Maori.
5. [1960s+] a black person.
6. [1970s] (US) as white wog, an Irishman.
7. [1980s] (Aus.) a foreign language, usu. Middle Eastern or southern/eastern European.
8. [1980s+] (Aus.) a Mediterranean immigrant, e.g. a Greek or Yugoslav; also attrib.
[2000s] (Aus.) characteristic of immigrants.
the nature of immigrants.
characteristic of an Asian or other variety of ‘wog’.
[1970s+] (Aus.) soccer.
[1980s+] the unprovoked, racist assault on those of a different colour.
[1980s+] (Aus.) a vehicle seen as esp. popular among immigrants.
[2000s] any country whose natives are seen to qualify as ‘wogs’, e.g. India, Pakistan .
[2000s+] (Aus.) a large and vulgar house.
a woman who has sexual relationships with coloured men.
[1980s+] (Aus.) communty television, broadcast in a variety of languages by the Special Broadcasting Service.
[1940s] of a westerner, to adopt the lifestyle of a poor Asian worker; synon. with ‘go native’.