hot as... adj.
used in combs. below meaning extremely hot, whether in a SE use, i.e. temperature or various sl. uses, usu. sexuality.
1. (Can.) sexually promiscuous.
2. (US) sexually aroused.
3. (US) under suspicion, liable to arrest.
[1930s+] (US) extremely hot, whether as to temperature or sexuality.
1. [1930s+] (US, also hot as a bad girl’s dream, ...July jam, ...mustard) very angry.
2. [1930s+] (US, also hot as a 45) suspicious, wanted by the police.
3. [1940s+] (US) very popular or successful.
4. [1950s] (US) very hot.
5. [1970s] (US black) sexually aroused.
[1940s] (US) very hot.
[1970s] (US) of a woman, sexually voracious.