1. [late 19C+] excrement; also used fig.
2. [1920s; 1990s+] (also kack) nonsense, rubbish [shit n. (4a)].
3. [1970s+] (Irish) a general term of abuse, a contemptuous term for an individual [shit n. (2a)].
4. [1980s+] (Aus.) something amusing.
5. [1990s+] rubbish, dirt, filth.
6. [2000s+] (Aus.) someone who has a good sense of humour.
[1950s+] a general pej. term, whether of people or things.
[1980s] (Aus.) trousers tied at the bottoms when doing farm work.
[1990s+] a term of insult.
see cock-knocker under cock n.3
see separate entry.
[20C+] (Aus.) very good [? euph. for shit-hot adj.].
[1970s] to beat up severely.