1. [20C+] (US) rejection, ‘the cold shoulder’.
2. [1930s+] murder, death, assassination; also attrib.
3. [1940s] (US Und.) a situation where a potential victim of a con trick loses interest in the hoax.
4. [1970s+] (US campus) beer.
5. [1980s+] (US) a pose of indifference, of coolness.
6. see chill (pill) under chill adj.
[2010s] (US campus) a lack of emotional stability or sophistication.
[1920s+] to ignore, to avoid, to act coldly towards.
1. [1920s+] (US) to snub, to ignore.
2. [1930s+] to murder, to kill, to assassinate.
3. [1950s+] (US prison) to intimidate, to discourage, to make one uncomfortable.