1. [late 18C+] drunk.
2. [1950s] (US drugs) intoxicated.
1. [1980s+] (S.Afr.) wine sold in 2½- or 5-litre (4½–8¾-pint) containers, placed in a cardboard box.
2. attrib. use of sense 1.
[1970s+] (drugs) a marijuana cigarette.
1. [1910s+] (orig. US drugs) cocaine; thus happy duster, a cocaine user or seller.
2. [1910s+] heroin.
3. [1920s+] morphine.
1. [1930s] marijuana.
2. [1940s] (US) heroin.
3. [2000s] (US) laughing gas or nitrous oxide.
[1960s+] (US drugs) marijuana.
[1980s+] (Aus. drugs) cannabis.
[1920s–50s] (US) good humour, usu. resulting from alcohol or drug intoxication.
[1950s+] a tranquillizer or stimulant.
2. heroin; morphine.
[1970s+] (US black) a liquor store.
[1960s–70s] (US black) a liquor store.
[2010s] (US) a home-made cosh.
1. [1950s+] marijuana.
2. [1980s+] marijuana laced with phencyclidine or cocaine.
[1920s+] (US) cocaine.
SE in slang uses
1. [1970s+] (UK Und.) the bag in which a shotgun is carried on an armed robbery; the gun makes the victim ‘happy’ to pass over his money.
2. [2000s] (US) the scrotum [bag n.1 (1a)].
[1980s+] (US campus) one who is perfectly satisfied with their life and the circumstances in which they find themselves; also as negative, not a happy camper, a dissatisfied, unhappy person; the deliberate levity of the phrase often hides a genuinely deep unhappiness or dissatisfaction.
[late 19C–1900s] a female Salvationist.
[2000s] (US) a massage that concludes with masturbation of the male client.
[1960s+] (US) a psychiatric institution.
[1960s+] a psychiatric institution.
1. [mid-19C+] death.
2. [late 19C] the vagina.
[late 19C–1950s] (Aus.) the act of vomiting.
[1990s+] a bisexual.
[1990s+] (US) a line of chest hair down the middle of a man’s torso leading to the penis.
1. [1930s+] (Aus.) an area of shantytowns.
2. [1960s+] the female genitals.
3. [1960s+] (US gay) the cleft of the buttocks.
[1950s–60s] (US) a prison or police van.