1. [late 19C+] (also ghini, ghinny, gin, ginee, ginney, ginny, guin, guiney, guinney, guinny, guiny, guinzo, guinzola) an Italian person, usu. an immigrant to the US.
2. [1910s+] a derog. term for various other non-Anglo nationalities, usu. Mediterranean, e.g. a Greek, a Portuguese, a Jew.
3. [1900s] (US Und.) a woman.
4. [1910s+] (also ginney) a foolish, gullible or insignificant man.
5. [1940s] a Japanese person, a Pacific native.
6. [1950s] (also ginny) a groom in a horseracing stable [US grooms were often of Italian immigrant origins].
7. [1950s–60s] the Italian language.
[1930s] to make someone angry.