1. [mid-16C–early 18C; late 19C] the female genitals.
2. [mid-16C–mid-18C; 1970s+] the male genitals; thus [17C] gear-itch, lecherousness.
3. [late 15C+] an object or objects; things, varying as to context.
4. [1930s–70s] (US prison) a homosexual.
5. [1950s+] stolen property.
6. [1950s+] (US) an important or influential person [ SE 16C–18C].
7. [1950s+] (drugs) drugs, esp. cannabis, heroin.
8. [1960s] in the sex industry, photographs, magazines, films etc.
9. [1970s+] (W.I.) in pl., one’s best clothing.
10. [1970s+] the equipment used in sado-masochistic sex.
11. [2000s] (US black) one’s personal space.
12. [2010s] a pretty girl.
[1970s] (Can. prison) a prison homosexual.
1. [2010s] (UK drugs) a narcotics addict; also attrib.
2. see also SE compounds below.
[1970s] (US prison) a homosexual.
[1960s+] (US gay) a sexually experienced homosexual man, capable of both active and passive roles.
[1950s+] (Aus./N.Z.) to undress.
[1990s+] (US black gang) to get dressed in one’s gang clothes.
ready to get to work.
[late 17C–early 18C] unsettled, out of sorts.
[1970s] (US) to achieve a given standard; lit. to ‘carry the equipment’.
[1920s+] (orig. milit.) a general term of approval, ‘that’s the stuff’.
SE in slang uses
1. [1970s+] (orig. US campus) an engineering student, someone mechanically minded; thus ext. to one who is obsessed with automobiles.
2. [1990s+] (US) a car factory worker.
3. see also sl. compounds above.
[2000s] (S.Afr. gay) the penis.
see joystick under joy n.
[1950s+] to stop wasting time, to put some effort and commitment into one’s activities, to start doing something useful and positive (cf. get one’s a into g under a n.).
[1980s+] (US) to get going, to get busy.
[1940s] ideal, perfect, exactly what is wanted.
[1930s] (US black) to leave quickly.