dog it v.1
1. [20C+] (orig. gambling, also dog) to act weakly, to be a loser, to lack winning spirit.
2. [20C+] (US) to shirk, to waste time, to hang back.
3. [1920s+] (US) to dawdle, to go slowly.
4. [1920s+] (US) to malinger, to act lazily.
5. in sexual contexts.
(a) [1920s] (US black) to dance in a provocative manner.
(b) [1980s+] (US campus) of a woman, to make oneself sexually available.
6. [1930s+] (US) to run off.
7. [1990s+] (US prison) to betray, to inform against.
8. [1990s+] (US drugs) to spoil, thus to make no longer suitable or safe.