1. [late 19C+] (also hardie) an erection.
2. [1940s+] passionate, lustful feelings.
3. [1940s+] an obsession, usu. hostile, aggressive feelings towards.
4. [1940s+] (US) a bad temper, irrespective of gender.
5. [1950s+] (US) used as a term of address, usu. sarcastic and referring to someone’s high self-esteem.
6. [1960s+] (US) a despicable individual, a tough, aggressive person.
7. [1960s+] in fig. use, positive feelings.
8. [1980s+] (US) a difficult task.
see under die v.
1. [late 19C+] to have an erection.
2. [1940s] (US Und.) to draw a pistol.
3. [1960s] to desire someone.
[1980s+] to dislike (intensely).