1. [mid-18C+] (also palaverment, pallaver, pallaveration, perlaver) chat, talk, conversation; in formal situations, a meeting.
2. [mid-18C+] wearisome, idle or insincere talk.
3. [mid-19C+] fussiness, a fuss; thus what a palaver, what a fuss.
4. [20C+] (also palaverment) business, concern, goings-on; thus none of your palaver, no business of yours.
5. [1930s] (Scot.) a fussy, ostentatious person; usu. as old palaver.
6. [1980s] (UK black) an argument, a fight.
[mid-19C] any form of social centre.