1. [mid-18C–1910s] a hoax, a confidence trick; thus play the queer v., to hoodwink.
2. [mid-18C+] (also queer stuff) counterfeit money.
3. [late 19C] a look (on one’s face); a look (at something).
4. [1910s+] a homosexual, usu. male, occas. female.
5. [1940s] an eccentric.
6. [1950s] (US Und.) a heterosexual who enjoys non-standard sexual practices.
7. [1950s] (Aus.) a fool, a simpleton.
8. [1960s] (US campus) one who works (overly) hard.
[1950s+] an effeminate young boy who attracts, or is supposed to attract older male homosexuals; thus as v., to seek out a homosexual encounter for money.
[1960s+] one who specializes in beating up (and usu. robbing) male homosexuals.
[1960s+] the beating up (and usu. robbing) of male homosexuals.
[1960s+] the beating up (and robbery) of homosexual men; thus queer-roller, one who does this.
[late 19C+] (UK Und.) a passer of counterfeit money.
[late 19C] one who makes or distributes counterfeit money.
[1910s–50s] (US Und.) to pass counterfeit money.
[mid-18C–1950s] to pass counterfeit money.