1. [1900s] (UK Und.) to notice, to find out.
2. [1960s+] (N.Z.) to be defeated, to be killed, to seduce.
SE in slang uses
see play booty under booty n.1
[1990s+] to be a male homosexual.
[mid-19C] to die.
1. [early–mid-19C] to kill.
2. [early 19C+] (also bawl out) to find out; to be found out.
3. [mid-19C] to be sentenced to death.
4. [mid-19C] to die.
5. [mid-19C+] (also bowl down) to defeat, to overcome, to get the better of.
[1900s] (Aus.) a phr. used to request that someone buys the speaker a drink.