give out v.
1. [19C+] (Irish) to make a fuss, to complain.
2. [1930s+] (US black) to talk emotionally, to talk with great feeling; thus give out yards v., to talk with feeling at length.
3. [1930s+] of a young woman, to make herself available for sexual intercourse.
4. [1940s] as give out with, to speak in a given manner.
5. [1940s+] to play music or sing.
6. [1950s] to scream.
7. [1950s] to offer, to present.
8. [1950s+] to make out, to imply, to pretend.
9. [1980s+] to reprimand, to criticize, to attack.