1. [early 18C–19C] gin, esp. high-quality gin.
2. [mid-19C] (UK Und.) any form of alcohol.
3. [mid-19C+] (US campus) the maximum score or achievement in an examination, the student who achieves this.
4. [1950s+] (US Und.) the maximum sentence for an offence.
5. [1960s+] (Can./US) a maximum security jail.
6. [1970s+] (US campus) the highest level or degree.
7. [2000s] (drugs) gamma hydroxy butyrate, GBH, dissolved in water and mixed with amphetamines.
[mid-18C] (UK Und.) a tavern specializing in gin.
[1970s+] to the greatest extent, to the most extreme degree.