1. [1910s] (Aus.) baking powder [play on SE shot/powder].
2. [1910s–20s] a very hard cake [SE shot, a cannonball].
3. [1920s] dried peas [? SE shot, the lead shot contained in a shotgun cartridge].
4. [1920s] anything very hard to understand or believe.
5. [1920s–50s] (US Und.) the detonation of an explosive during safe-breaking [SE shot, an electrical device for detonating the shot].
6. [1930s–50s] (Aus.) an abortion.
7. [1940s+] a blow, a hit.
8. [1960s–70s] (US black) a professional pickpocket; thus shot broad, a female pickpocket.
9. [1990s+] (US prison) a friend.