1. [early 18C+] (also hollow) to shout, to scream, to complain.
2. [mid-19C–1920s] (US) to surrender, to admit defeat.
3. [1940s+] to confess, to betray one’s criminal associates.
4. [1960s] to sing.
5. [1980s+] (US black) to ridicule, to abuse.
6. [1990s+] (US campus) to visit.
7. [2000s] (US black) to demand, to ask for.
8. [2000s] (US teen) to greet.
9. [2000s] (US campus) to phone or talk to someone.
see under murder n.
[19C+] (US, orig. Western/Southern) to give in, to surrender, to admit defeat, esp. in children’s games.
see separate entry.
[1960s+] (US) to vomit .
see cry uncle under uncle n.