1. [mid-19C+] a pej. term for a person, the usual implication being of their arrogance or, in the case of women, their promiscuity.
2. [late 19C+] the nose.
3. [1920s] (US tramp) an oyster.
4. [1930s+] semen; thus snotty-nosed adj., of the head of the penis, covered with semen.
5. [1970s] arrogance, verbal unpleasantness.
6. [1980s+] (drugs) residue created by the smoking of amphetamine.
7. [1990s+] a sulk, var. on snit n. (1)
8. [2000s] the essence, the ‘daylights’.
9. see snotnose n. (3)
[2000s] (US) an arrogant, pompous individual.
[20C+] (S.Afr.) a penis.
SE in slang uses
[1960s+] (S.Afr.) misery, wretchedness.
[1970s] (Aus.) a contemptible person.
[1980s+] (drugs) rubber cement rolled into a ball and burned so that the fumes can be inhaled; usu. in pl.
[early 19C; 20C+] the nose.
[1950s] (US) a derog. term of address.
[1990s+] a general term of derision.
a term of abuse.
[2000s] (N.Z.) a general derog. term.
[1990s+] (S.Afr.) a term of abuse.
see separate entries.
[1960s] (US) impoverished.
see separate entry.
[1990s+] (US campus) to blow one’s nose without the use of a tissue, by blocking one nostril and blowing hard through the other nostril.
[2000s] (Irish) an unattractive person.
[1980s] to terrify.
[late 19C–1900s] to blow one’s nose with one’s fingers.
[mid-17C] to weep.
see up the creek (without a paddle) under creek n.