1. [late 19C–1950s] (US Und.) a dupe, a victim of a confidence trickster; a prospective victim; a ‘steered’ prospect.
2. [20C+] (US Und., also come-on ghee) a con-man, a swindler; also attrib.
3. [20C+] (US) a snare, an inducement, a lure; also attrib.
4. [20C+] (US) patter or sales talk, a line; also attrib.
5. [1900s] a gullible fool.
6. [1930s+] (also come-in) a sexual invitation, either through a look or through words.
7. [1930s+] the personification of sense 6, a sexually alluring woman.
8. [1950s] a dare.
[1940s+] a male prostitute who entices a client and then, instead of sex, has him beaten and robbed by a confederate.
see sense 2 above .
[late 19C+] (US) a promiscuous woman; a prostitute.
1. (US) the member of a confidence trickster team who lures the victim into the circle.
2. (US tramp) a hard worker, who encourages others.