1. [20C+] (orig. US, also boobist) a fool, an idiot.
2. [1900s–40s] (US) an inmate of a psychiatric institution.
3. [1910s-30s] (US tramp) an innocent, a potential victim of a thief.
4. [1940s+] an error, a blunder.
[17C+] stupid, foolish.
[1960s] (US) a psychiatric institution.
[1910s+] a foolish action, an error, a blunder.
[1920s–60s] (US) a nightclub or similar place of entertainment where gullible customers are defrauded of their cash.
1. [1960s+] (orig. US) television; thus boob tuber, one who watches television a lot.
2. see also under boob n.3