1. [late 19C+] to attempt the first verbal stages of seduction.
2. [20C+] (also chat off) to inform on, to tell on, to reveal.
3. [20C+] thus fig., in non-sexual contexts, to seduce with words.
4. [1910s] (US) to advise, to recommend.
5. [1910s+] (Aus.) to scold.
6. (Aus.) to speak a language.
7. [1950s] to trick verbally, to ‘con’, to persuade.
8. [1960s] (S.Afr.) to kick.
9. [1990s+] to sing rap lyrics.
10. [1990s+] (UK black) to speak, to state.
[1950s+] (W.I.) to make one’s first advances to a young woman or man in the hope of eventual sexual conquest .
[2010s] (UK black) to talk nonsense; to gossip negatively.
[1950s+] (W.I., Jam.) to gossip maliciously about an absent third party .