1. [1910s+] (orig. US black) a woman, esp. when sexy and attractive.
2. [1910s+] (orig. US black) a girlfriend or wife, esp. in direct address.
3. [1940s+] a feminine lesbian.
4. [1940s+] anything considered very powerful, large or admirable.
5. [1940s+] attrib. use of sense 4.
6. [1950s+] (US) an effeminate male homosexual; also as camp self-description.
7. [1960s+] (orig. Hell’s Angel) a woman who rides with the Hell’s Angels and is available for sex and allied indignities but is distinguished from the old ladies (the actual girlfriends of the riders); the term is an abbr. of Let’s go make someone a mama.
8. [1970s] (US prison) an inmate who poses as a woman.
9. [1980s] a masculine lesbian.
SE in slang uses
[1970s+] (US) a policewoman, esp. in the Highway Patrol.
see under bitch n.1
[1980s+] (drugs) cocaine.
a man who does women’s work, an ‘unmanly’ man.
[1930s] (US gambling) a pair of threes in craps dice.
[1930s–40s] (US black) usu. female usage, a husband or favourite boyfriend.
[1970s] (US black) a phr. used by a woman to rebuff sexual cat-calling by men as she passes them.
see under sweet adj.1