1. [1910s] (US Und.) to discover, to identify.
2. [1910s+] (US, also shag up) to chase; lit. and fig.
3. [1920s+] (US) to wander around; to walk, esp. slowly, whether through laziness or exhaustion.
4. [1930s-50s] (US black) to dance; thus shag artist, dancer.
5. [1930s–40s] to give someone a false impression.
6. [1940s+] to move fast.
7. [1950s] (US gang) to deliver.
8. [1960s+] to deal with.
9. [1960s+] to throw.
10. [1960s+] to obtain.
11. [1980s] (US teen) to tease, to harass.
[1930s–40s] (US black) lying.