1. [late 18C–19C] a social gathering, a party.
2. [mid-19C] a casino.
3. [mid-19C–1950s] a saloon, a drinking house, a speakeasy, a nightclub.
4. [mid-19C+] a brothel.
5. [mid-19C+] a house, a home.
6. [late 19C] a travelling salesman’s stall.
7. [late 19C+] a prison cell, a prison.
8. [1900s; 1980s] (Aus./US) a room.
9. [1920s] (US) a place, a town.
10. [1930s] (US tramp) a safe.
11. [1960s] (US prison) a criminal’s hide-out.
[mid-19C] (UK Und.) to burgle a house.
[mid–late 19C] to go off with stolen property.
[mid-19C] (UK Und.) a public house (mainly) frequented by non-criminal customers.