1. [mid-19C+] left in an impossible position, deceived, completely mistaken.
2. [mid-19C+] out of money, impoverished.
3. [1990s+] (US black) killed.
4. see stuck on
[1970s+] (US prison) lazy, forgetful; deprived; also as n., a lazy worker.
[late 19C–1940s] an arrogant, snobbish or reserved person.
[late 19C] penniless.
to have sexual intercourse (with).
1. to begin, esp. of a meal or a job.
2. to fight; to act in an aggressive manner, esp. in a sporting context.
3. to have sexual intercourse.
1. to start any form of activity; the implication is one of enthusiasm and activity.
2. to start a fight with someone.
3. to abuse verbally.
[1930s] owing, in debt.
1. [late 19C+] in sexual senses, obsessed with, in love with.
2. [mid-19C+] in non-sexual senses, very keen on, devoted to.
3. [1910s] (US) obsessively hostile towards.
[mid-19C+] (orig. US) saddled with, unable to get rid of either a person or an object.