1. [mid-19C; 1960s] (Aus./US) money.
2. [late 19C–1950s] (Aus./N.Z., also fatman) a generic term for the business elite, the wealthiest members of the community.
3. [1930s+] (Aus./N.Z.) an erection; esp. in phr. crack a fat
4. [1930s+] (usu. gay) a fat person; esp. used in small ads, usu. in comb with ‘fems’ (i.e. effeminate rather than macho men), e.g. no fats or fems.
5. (US) the vagina.
1. [1940s+] (Aus.) to achieve an erection .
2. in fig. use, to become excited (in non-sexual contexts).
SE in slang uses
see separate entry.
[17C] (UK Und.) a sound beating.
[late 19C–1930s] (UK Und.) a phr. used to indicate that a loaded van is passing along the street and may be robbed, to the greatest possible extent, by opportunists.