1. [20C+] a general derog. term of address, irrespective of sex.
2. [1950s] in cards, the queen.
3. [1950s] (US prison) a passive male homosexual, a catamite.
4. [1950s+] a promiscuous woman, but not necessarily, and not even usu., an actual prostitute; also of homosexual men.
5. [1960s] (US black) a girlfriend.
SE in slang uses
1. [2000s] an unattractive woman, poss. a prostitute or promiscuous.
2. a promiscuous man.
[1960s] (US) an unmarked car used by police to patrol street prostitutes.
[1960s] (US black) a womanizer, whether pursuing actual prostitutes or merely available women.
1. an unrespectable or criminal person.
2. a promiscuous woman.
3. one who pursues prostitutes.
[early 18C] a pimp.
[1940s+] (US) a sexually voracious man who frequently visits prostitutes; thus whorehop v.
[1940s+] a man who enjoys sex with prostitutes.
see separate entries.
[late 18C–early 19C] the penis.
see whore splash
[mid-16C–early 19C] a term of abuse; a debauchee.
[late 18C–early 19C] 5s. 3d. (26p), thus presumably the telling-off one received for offering only 5s. 3d.
see under get n.1
[1970s+] anything seen as intractable or obnoxious.
[1950s+] a brief, cursory wash, often a quick shower, as taken by a prostitute between clients; also in non-prostitution use.
[mid-17C–18C] to put the blame on.
[early 18C+] extremely demure and well-behaved.
[late 18C–early 19C] a phr. said of one who has a strong, manly voice.