1. [17C+] the penis.
2. pertaining to the human leg [abbr. SE pegleg].
(a) [late 18C+] usu. in pl., a leg.
(b) [19C] a wooden leg; one who wears one.
(c) [1910s–60s] (US tramp) a one-legged person.
3. [1900s] (UK tramp) anywhere a free meal may be found [? play on spike n.2 (1)].
4. [1930s–60s] (US black) in pl., trousers that taper sharply [mid-19C SE peg-top trousers, very wide in the hips and correspondingly narrow at the ankles].
[1960s–70s] a male homosexual prostitute.
1. [1910s+] a male brothel.
2. [1950s] (US Und.) a prison with a high level of homosexuality.
[early 17C; late 19C] to have sexual intercourse.
1. [1920s] to leave.
2. [1930s–40s] (Aus.) to die.
SE in slang uses
[1940s] (Aus.) to become angry, excited or anxious.