1. [early 17C] smart, clever.
2. [early–mid-19C] (orig. US) drunk.
3. [1930s+] (orig. US black) attractive, good-looking.
4. [1930s+] (US black) first-rate, satisfactory.
[2010s] (US Hisp.) beauty, sexiness.
[1960s+] (US black) first-rate, excellent.
see under banana n.
[1930s–60s] (US black) (the figure of) an attractive black woman.
[1930s–40s] (US black) a good-looking black woman.
[20C+] (W.I., Guyn.) in infinite and thus irritating detail.
1. arrogant, conceited.
2. over-fastidious, pernickety.
see good people under people n.
see scot n. (1)
[1980s+] (drugs) marijuana.
[1940s+] (Irish/US black) an attractive woman .
[1940s] (US black/Southern campus) an attractive woman.
see under wirer n.
see fine wirer under wirer n.
see dandy adj.
1. of an object or idea, satisfactory, pleasing; of a person, pleasant, amusing, decent.
2. referring to any particularly attractive man or woman.
SE in slang uses
1. [20C+] (US) feeling very well or very cheerful.
2. [1990s+] (US) of a person, very attractive; of a place, first-class.
a nonsensical catchphrase of the 1830s.