1. [late 16C; 19C] in pl., the testicles.
2. [mid-19C+] a notice of dismissal; usu. in phrs. below.
3. [1960s–70s] (US) an ejaculation of semen.
[mid-19C+] to be dismissed from a job.
[mid-19C+] to be thrown out of a place or dismissed from one’s employment; to lose a relationship.
1. [mid-19C+] to dismiss from employment, to throw out of a place.
2. [1930s+] to jilt, to terminate a relationship with.
[mid-19C] to threaten with dismissal, but not actually to dismiss.
[1970s+] (US gay) to ejaculate (into a mouth or anus).