1. [late 16C+] (also grapes, the grape, the grapes) wine, thus cut into the grape, to drink wine.
2. [late 19C+] any form of liquor.
3. [1950s–70s] (Aus./US black) in pl., haemorrhoids.
4. [1970s+] (US prison) an alcoholic.
5. [1980s] in pl., the female breasts.
6. [1990s+] in pl., the testicles.
[1940s] (US black) an alcoholic who prefers wine to other drinks; thus the female version, grape-chick.
[1990s+] an alcoholic, a wino.
[1940s] (US black) wine.
SE in slang uses
[early 18C+] wine; also attrib.
[1980s+] (US campus) one who identifies with the styles and concerns of the Sixties.
[1970s+] (drugs) LSD.
[1940s+] any person of Mediterranean origin, e.g. Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek.
see separate entry.
1. a puritan, a ‘kill-joy’.
2. a bore, one who depresses or irritates the company by their presence.
[1960s] (US) to be sycophantic.
[1920s+] (Aus.) to feel hostile towards someone or something.
see go peddle your fish! under peddle v.