1. [late 18C–early 19C] a large white wig ‘such as is commonly worn by the dignified clergy, and was formerly by physicians’ (Grose, 1785); also attrib.
2. [early–mid-19C] one who wears powder in their hair.
3. [late 19C+] the foaming top of a newly poured glass of beer.
4. [20C+] a ‘cauliflower ear’, the sign of a boxer whose ears have taken too many punches to retain their original shape [abbr. SE].
5. [1910s] in ext. use of sense 3, the head.
6. [1940s] by metonymy, based on sense 4, a boxer.
7. attrib. use of sense 6, pertaining to prizefighting.
SE in slang uses
[2000s] (US black) a dildo.