1. [1910s+] (US) a surprise or unpleasant event, a sensational development.
2. [1930s–40s] (US prison) an egg, usu. boiled.
3. [1950s] (US teen) verbal aggression.
4. [1950s] (US) a very sexy woman.
5. [1950s+] a large sum of money; often in make a bomb
6. as a vehicle or gadget.
(a) [1950s+] (orig. Aus./N.Z./US) a dilapidated, run-down old car.
(b) [1950s+] (US) a fast car or motorcycle.
(c) [1970s] (US prison) toilet paper rolled in a certain way so that it continues to burn for a long time when set alight .
(d) [1980s+] (Aus./N.Z. prison) an illicit gadget used to heat water (for brewing tea etc).
(e) [2000s] (S.Afr. prison) solitary confinement .
7. in the context of drug use.
(a) [1950s+] a very large and potent cannabis cigarette.
(b) [1960s] any form of pill containing sleep-inducing or depressant drugs.
(c) [1960s] (Aus.) an illegal stimulant given to a racing animal.
(d) [1960s–70s] heroin or other narcotics of well-above-average purity.
(e) [1980s+] crack cocaine.
(f) [1990s+] phencyclidine mixed with formaldehyde.
(g) [1990s+] (US) a package of drugs.
(h) [2000s] amphetamine, mixed into a drink and swallowed.
(i) [2000s] swallowing a package of otherwise unpleasantly tasting drugs.
8. [1950s+] (orig. UK theatre) a major success; esp. in phr. go down a bomb.
9. [1950s+] (orig. US theatre) a disaster, a flop.
10. [1960s–70s] (US) in pl., the female breasts.
11. [1960s+] (US black/campus, also da bomb, bombness) constr. with the, the best.
12. [1960s+] (US campus) the grade of B.
13. [1960s+] (US campus) a difficult examination.
14. [1970s+] (US) a hard blow (with a fist).
[1950s+] to cost a great deal.
[1970s+] (Aus.) of individuals, to fail, to be rejected; of machinery to break down (irrevocably).
[1960s+] to be very keen on, enthusiastic for.
1. [1950s+] very successfully.
2. [1950s+] (orig. US) very fast.
[1950s–70s] to speak or act in a decisively negative manner.
[1950s+] to make a great deal of money.
[1910s] (US) in fine condition.
SE in slang uses
see sense 11
see separate entry.
[mid-19C+] (orig. US milit.) untouchable, absolutely secure and safe.
see separate entry.
[1970s] (Aus.) used to announce an act of defecation.