1. [late 18C+] a share, a portion.
2. [early 19C+] a swig of a drink, a gulp of food.
3. [late 19C] (US) a bargain.
4. [late 19C+] (US) a try, an attempt.
5. [late 19C+] a ‘go’, a time.
6. [1950s] (US) an aspect.
7. [1980s+] (W.I.) a large sum of money.
8. [1990s+] (drugs) a portion of a drug, e.g. a ‘line’ of a narcotic, a puff of cannabis.
9. [1990s+] (Aus.) a bet.
10. [2000s] income.
11. see whacker n.1
to get or take a share.
[1900s] (US) to gain access to.
[mid-19C–1940s] to take or offer a share.
[late 18C+] (orig. US) to make an attempt or attack upon.
[mid-19C+] to have or take one’s share.
[1930s] into order.
[1980s] to give (someone) a share.