1. (also whank) to masturbate.
2. to masturbate another person.
3. in fig. use, to waste time; thus wanking n.
4. in fig. use, to abuse someone else.
5. to be logged on to a computer for a long time.
[1990s+] a state of pretentiousness.
[2010s] pointless and/or pretentious activity, speech, etc.
[1990s+] in a second-rate manner.
[1990s+] a general term of abuse.
[1990s] a bed.
[1960s+] a pornographic magazine.
[1940s] a bed (cf. wanking pit under wanking n.).
see separate entry.
[2000s] a large, ostentatious car, purchased for the enhancement of its owner’s ego and the display of his material success.
1. to masturbate.
2. to masturbate another person, usu, male; also in fig. use, to behave self-indulgently.
[1980s+] to bore, to talk nonsense for a long time.
[1960s+] to masturbate.