1. [19C–1940s] (orig. and chiefly US, also negro head, nigger-foot, nigger twist) cheap, dark tobacco designed for smoking and chewing.
2. [mid-19C+] (US) any outcrop of dark, rough, rounded or lumpy rock, stones or boulders.
3. [mid-19C+] any clump or hummock of thick vegetation, swamp grass, ferns, grass etc.
4. [late 19C–1960s] (US) a dark raincloud.
5. [20C+] peaks of coral that jut above the surface of the sea.
6. [1900s] an ox-eye daisy (with a large black centre).
7. [1900s] (US campus) hard black candy.
8. [1910s] a piece of stone, a small boulder.
9. [1930s] (US) a shoe-nailing machine.
10. [1930s–60s] (US Und.) a type of round wall safe.
11. [1950s+] (W.I.) a black person’s naturally kinky hair.
[1910s–30s] (US) strong, dark rum.