1. [early 19C] (UK Und.) of a prostitute, a session with a customer.
2. [early 19C+] a trick, a scheme, a stratagem.
3. [1960s] schemes used for seduction; esp. in put a move on
4. [1960s+] (orig. US) a sexual advance.
5. [1960s+] (orig. US) in pl., knowledge, ability, ‘smarts’; esp. in phrs. have all the moves, got all the moves.
6. [1980s+] (US) the right thing, the proper way, ‘what’s happening’.
7. [1990s+] (drugs) a shipment of smuggled drugs.
1. to make a physical move.
2. to make a serious effort, to take action.
3. to snub.
[1980s+] (US campus) a foolish person or action.
1. [1980s+] to make sexual advances (towards).
2. to approach.
1. [1960s+] (orig. US) usu. of a man, to make advances towards the opposite sex.
2. [1980s] (US black) to harass.
3. [2000s] to contact.