1. [late 18C–1920s] to get to know about, to become aware of; usu. as drop down to or drop to
2. [late 19C–1900s] to understand.
3. [20C+] (US) to reveal.
4. [1940s+] (jazz/rap music) to produce, to deliver.
5. [1960s+] (US black) to explain, to enlighten.
6. [2000s] (Aus.) to pass on information; to tip off.
7. (UK Und.) to tap a telephone.
(UK Und.) one who supplies information to a criminal.
[1990s+] (orig. US black) to drive around in one’s car playing loud (hip-hop) music with a heavy bass-line.
[early 19C] to find out about someone’s character or plans.
[1980s+] (US black) to demonstrate wisdom or skill.
see under science n.
1. [mid-19C+] to become aware of, to work out, to recognize.
2. [20C+] (US Und.) to obtain, to gain.
[20C+] (W.I.) to utter veiled insults, to make sarcastic comments.