piss, the phr.
1. [1930s+] a general intensifier, the essence, the ‘daylights’.
2. a general intensifier used with questions, e.g. what the piss...?; var. on hell, the phr. (1)
[1930s+] (orig. US) to beat severely.
[1930s] to beat severely.
[1970s] to beat up, to assault.
[2000s] to tease aggressively.
[1960s+] to terrify.
1. [1930s+] to tease, esp. aggressively.
2. [1930s+] to attack verbally, to sneer or jeer at.
3. [1980s+] to make something up, to say something ludicrous, to make grand claims, to joke; e.g. he must be taking the piss, he must be joking (because what he is saying is so ridiculous or unfair etc).
4. [1990s+] of a person, to act absurdly, to play the fool.
5. [1990s+] of a man, to have sexual intercourse.
[1990s+] to beat severely.
see beat the piss out of