1. [1920s+] (orig. US) a male homosexual; thus fag-bait, one who is an object of homosexual desire.
2. [1970s+] (US campus/teen) an offensive or unpopular person.
[1950s] (US) homosexual in manner.
[1980s+] (US gay) gay slang.
[1950s+] (US) a male homosexual; also attrib.
[1980s+] (US/UK black) a black homosexual person, usu. male.
[1970s] (US) to beat up and rob a homosexual.
1. an ostensibly heterosexual man who specializes in beating and terrorizing gay men.
2. any anti-gay spokesperson.
1. [1980s+] the beating up of male homosexuals.
2. in fig. use, any anti-gay behaviour or speech.
see separate entries.
[1960s+] (gay) cheap pornography aimed at the male homosexual readership.
[1980s] (US black) smart casual clothing.
[1940s] (US carnival) a carnival show featuring men in women’s dress.
[1990s+] (US) a heterosexual male who enjoys the company of homosexual men.
[1980s+] (US campus) the small loop (ostensibly for hanging the shirt when no hanger is available) on the upper back of many shirts; such a loop, supposedly, can be used to hold a victim ready for buggery.
[1980s] (US) cologne.
[2000s] (US prison) pretending sexual interest in another inmate; the aim is to annoy a third party.