1. [late 18C+] (also shagg) an act of sexual intercourse.
2. [1930s] (US teen) a party where pre-adolescents experiment sexually.
3. [1940s–60s] a person, in general use.
4. [1960s+] a person, usu. a woman but in 1990s+ also a man, seen simply as a sexual object; thus good shag, lousy shag.
[1970s+] nothing at all.
[1960s+] a womanizer, a sexual athlete.
1. [1970s] (orig. milit.) a prostitute.
2. [1990s+] (orig. Aus.) a general pej. term for a woman; sexual availability is presumed, but not automatic.
3. [2000s] (US) the vagina.
see under -magnet sfx
[2000s] an apartment or room where one can bring a casual sex partner.
[2000s] a bed.
[1960s+] a van or car used primarily for sex.