fuck up v.
1. [1910s+] to ruin, to destroy; to make a mess of; thus fucker-up n., that which ruins or destroys.
2. [1940s+] to confuse, to confound.
3. [1940s+] to blunder, to make a mistake.
4. [1960s+] (US black) to fool around.
5. [1960s] (US black) to waste.
6. [1960s+] (orig. US black) to hurt, to injure, to kill.
7. [1960s+] to cause problems for someone.
8. [1970s+] to make drunk or drugged; usu. as fucked up adj. (3)
9. [1990s+] to infect with a venereal disease.
10. [1990s+] to go wrong, to malfunction, to break down.
see under pussy n.