1. [late 19C] (US campus) an exceptional student.
2. [late 19C+] (US, also freako) an offensively eccentric or crazy person.
3. [20C+] an obsession.
4. [mid-19C+] an obsessive; usu. in comb. (see -freak sfx).
5. [1900s] (US campus) a fool.
6. [1900s] a person.
7. [1920s+] one who enjoys non-standard sexual practices.
8. [1940s] an impotent man.
9. [1950s+] (orig. US black) an effeminate man, a male homosexual.
10. [1950s+] (US black, also freakette) a woman, usu. sexually aggressive and adventurous.
11. [1960s] a piece of bad luck.
12. [1960s+] (orig. US) a young person devoted to the ‘counter-culture’ or ‘alternative society’; by extension, a drug user [like many parallel usages on the bad = good model, the young people in question adopted the name, which is synon. with ‘extreme hippie n.2 (3)’, after they had been branded as ‘freaks’ by their critics].
13. [1960s+] (US campus) an unattractive person.
14. [1970s+] a lesbian; a prostitute who deals with lesbian clients.
15. [1980s+] (US campus) an extremely beautiful, good-looking woman, usu. but not always a member of one’s own peer group.
[1990s+] (US black teen) an eccentric, an obsessive, a freak; also as adj.
[1990s+] eccentric, bizarre.
[1960s] (US prison) a pornographic book.
[1980s+] (US campus) an attractive man.
see separate entries.
[1990s+] (US black) a pornographic magazine.
[1980s+] (US campus) an attractive woman, with overtones of sluttishness.
[2000s] (US) sexually exciting and poss. perverse.
[1960s+] perverted or otherwise out of the ordinary sex.
see acid rock under acid n.1
[1960s+] a sexual display or performance, usu. of unorthodox sex.
see under trick n.1
1. [1990s+] (US) to get into a particular mood, usu. with ref. to sex.
2. to enjoy sexual eccentricities.