1. [mid-19C+] the testicles.
2. [20C+] (US black) the female genitals.
3. [1930s] female sexual desire.
4. [1970s+] (US) manly courage.
1. [1940s] a mechanic or machinist.
2. [1970s+] an insoluble difficulty, the last straw; also attrib.
2. (US black) an enthusiastic and skilful fellatrix.
[1960s+] male underwear.
see separate entry.
see separate entries.
[1970s+] (US gay) a homosexual.
[1970s+] (US gay) homosexual.
1. [1970s+] (US) the scrotum.
2. [1990s+] (US) a derog. description.
[2000s] (US) a blow to the testicles.
see bust a nut under nut n.3
to berate, to nag.
[1940s+] (US) of a man, to achieve orgasm.
[1980s+] (US) to lose emotional control.
1. [1930s+] (orig. US black) to achieve orgasm, poss. through masturbation (cf. get a nut under nut n.3 ).
2. [1990s+] to excite.
[1950s] (US) of a man, to have sexual intercourse.
[1950s+] (US) to yearn for, to desire.
[1980s+] (US black) to use violence, to be a violent person.
[1990s+] to be in a state of confusion and worry (cf. get one’s balls in a knot under balls n.; get one’s tits in a twist under tit n.2 ).
see have someone/something by the balls under balls n.
[1960s] (US) usu. of a woman, to have someone completely under one’s control.
see under sling n.2
[1960s+] (US) to make an overwhelming impression, to have a notable effect.
[1940s+] (orig. US) to achieve orgasm, usu. male; thus by ext. to feel exhilarated (cf. pop a nut under nut n.3 ).
[1960s–70s] to move at high speed, esp. in the context of searching.
[1970s+] to terrify.
[1960s+] to work very hard.
[2000s] (N.Z.) an excl. of surprise.